Sunday 4 March 2012

[Monsters!] Crotchet Bakemono = By Lan-Anh Bui & Josephine Wan


As a first review I would like to share with you a wonderful crotchet pattern book.  These two are renowned for many cute and cuddly paterns.  Each with their own personalities too!  This book has some of the cutest and oddest monsters I've seen by far.  I've done a few patterns already from this book and I find them easy to follow and particularly easy to change and individualise.  For example I used the Okaasan pattern (page 105) as a base for my latest steampunk themed creation.  The only thing bad, well not bad, more annoying is the fact the girls have developed a way of creating a ‘magic circle’ as a way of making a neat starting stitch.  Although this takes time to master anyway, the pictures showing you how to do this and other basics are drawn cartoon hands.  I found this very difficult to follow as their not amazingly drawn.  I was lucky as I have another one of their books (which I will more than likely review,its the frog book in the photo) which had actual easy to follow photos.  This book does have the interesting feature of teaching you how to follow spiral patterns, of which there are a few on the internet.  I do love this book, the simplicity of the patterns and the [monsters!] themselves.   It’s a great beginner’s book that teaches you the basics and gives you some great ideas.  All you need is the patience of a beginner and the creativity of a child.


No comments:

Post a Comment