Sunday 4 March 2012

Starting ups and hellos!!!

Hello there!  Bear with me as this is my first blog but through it I just want to share some of the creative things that I make, see and find, along with reviews and other bits.  So a little introduction is in order.  I go by many *many* names: Esther, Ed and Yuki, I’m 22 and I hale from Manchester, UK.  I’m happily married with one black kitten.  I’m a gluten free piscetarian (I'll eat the odd bit of fish but mainly molluscs but defiantly no land meat).   Since leaving my work over a year and a half ago as a coffee barista, I have been striving to find a cheaper and greener way of living yet I still want to enjoy life.  I’ve found lots of little changes can definitely make your life and the life of others better.   So far I’ve learnt to make do and mend, recycle and up-cycle, save and be environmental.  I’ve learnt many crafty techniques too like sewing, candle making, painting, dying and I think the main most addicting craft is crotchet.  Crotchet although daunting at first is great fun!  And you can crotchet just about anything.  Recently I took up crocheting the tape from old VHS to make purses and bags.  And I believe my craftiness (although some may call many of the things I do ‘girly’) has indeed rubbed off on to my husband too.  Although he is more... industrial I think is a good word.  He can transform many greasy metal objects into works of art.  These days were always bouncing ideas off each other.  We can’t help but look around Car boot sales and find fascinating things that can be changed into something wonderful cheaply.

So like I said bear with me while I get this working and soon I'll be sharing with you the marvels of what I make and find!




~ Yuki ~

No comments:

Post a Comment